To initiate payments to third party accounts, a batch must be created. A batch can contain one or more beneficiaries.
To create a batch:
- Click Manage Payment Batches -> Create a Batch
- Fill in the batch details:
- Batch Description: any descriptive name to distinguish one batch from others
- Paying Account: the account to be debited for the current transaction; select from the drop down
- Batch Type: Select one from the drop down; note that this has nothing to do with the number of beneficiaries contained in a batch (see difference below):
- Single Payment: If selected, multiple debits will occur on a pay out account for the number of records in a batch (e.g. a batch with 10 records will have 10 debits on the corporate’s account for that transaction); each individual record will also show up on the corporate’s bank account statement.
- Bulk Remittance: If selected, only a single debit will occur on the corporate’s payout account (irrespective of the number of records in the batch) as well as the corporate’s bank account statement.
- Click Save